Globe Marrow Bolognese
A stuffed marrow can often make a great alternative to pasta or spaghetti...
You can use meat alternatives for the bolognese if you wish. 🙂
- 250g Minced beef
- 200g Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Carrot, diced or grated
- 4-5 button mushrooms
- Sprinkle of mixed herbs
- 1 Oxo cube
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 Globe marrow
- Handful of cheese (any kind, depending on your preference)
- Splash of olive oil
- First cut the globe marrow in 2 and hollow out the seeds, you can either dry these out in the greenhouse or through them away, then pre-heat the oven to 180°C/Gas mark 4.
- To make the bolognese, start frying off the onion, carrot, mushrooms with the olive oil on a medium heat until they’re soft and then add the beef, fry this off until all of the pink has gone.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, herbs, bay leaf, Oxo cube and anything else you’d think would add to the bolognese mixture. I think every household has their own preferred method of making a bolognese sauce, just go with what works for you. Simmer for around 10mins.
- Pour the bolognese into the globe marrows and top off with a generous handful of cheese, bake in the oven for around 15 to 20 mins or until golden brown.
- Serve with a salad and enjoy!