This broccoli soup is for those who wish to do something different with three ingredients that seldom cross paths – broccoli, garlic and chilli.
One of the go to varieties for growing broccoli is Green Magic. It’s a variety that provided a good yield and were low maintenance.
Garlic Casablanca is a variety that’s well grown in the UK, and you’ll most definitely find it at your local Poundland during the winter months.
Broccoli soup with cabbage and a kick
A different recipe for the humble broccoli plant grown in the garden.
- 1 Broccoli
- 1/2 cabbage
- 2 pints of vegetable stock
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (adjust to taste)
- Cheese/Creme Fraiche for cooling
- Cut up the broccoli and dice the cabbage and place into a large saucepan with all of the other ingredients.
- Mix the stock with boiling water and add the saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, and then simmer for 15 minutes or until the the broccoli is soft.
- Blend the mixture and serve with grated cheese or a dollop of creme fraiche.
The above is quite an unusual recipe, so if you make it, I’d love to know your thoughts and whether you’d do anything different or simply leave it be.
Broccoli soup with Stilton is a popular recipe, so perhaps at some point I’ll try and make this and let you know how I get on.