Leek and potato soup is a classic meal and is probably the easiest and quickest soup to make.
8oz of potatoes
950ml vegetable stock
Salt and pepper
1. Finely chop the onion, dice the leeks and dice the potatoes and melt the butter in a saucepan.
2. Fry off the onions and leeks until soft and then add the potatoes.
3. Boil the kettle and dilute a cube of vegetable stock in boiling water. Gradually add the stock, bringing the mixture to the boil.
4. Simmer all of the ingredients together in the saucepan for around 20 – 30 minutes or until the potato is soft. Depending on how chunky you like your leek and potato soup, put aside some of the mixture and blend the rest. Once it’s well blended, add the chunky bits to the mixture.
5. Garnish with freshly chopped chives or single cream.
Leave a Reply