150g Sifted Self Raising Flour
40g Caster Sugar
70g Vegetable Suet
1 beaten egg
2 Tablespoon semi-skimmed milk
Butter for greasing
Rhubarb Jam (as much as you like)
1. First of all Pre-heat the oven to 200C, lay grease proof paper on a baking tray and grease the paper with butter.
2. In a bowl, mix the flour, suet, egg and milk until you form a ball of dough – use your hands to clump the ingredients together if you’re struggling to get the right consistency.
3. On a floured surface roll out the dough until it’s around 2-3cm thick, and 30cm x 20cm in diameter.
4. Spread the jam on to the dough, leaving a 2cm edge uncovered. Roll the dough and the jam together and place on the greased baking tray.
5. Fold over the left over grease proof paper over the un-baked roly-poly and cover the tray with foil – bake for around 35-40 meetings or until golden brown.