This goes well with homemade rhubarb jam.
2 large egg
115ml vegetable oil
80g soft brown sugar
400g courgette grated
1 tsp vanilla extract
300g plain flour
2 tea spoon cinnamon
¼ tea spoon nutmeg
½ tea spoon bicarbonate of soda
½ tea spoon baking powder
1. Firstly, pre-heat your oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease or line a standard 2lb loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Whisk together the eggs, oil, vanilla, brown sugar and then add the grated courgette to the mix.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the plain flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, sultanas and nutmeg.
4. Gradually combine the two mixtures in one bowl and place into the baking tin.
5. Bake for one hour, a good way to test that this is done is by inserting a skewer and seeing if it’s clean when you pull it out.