These demerara parsnips are a fantastic addition to your Sunday roast – and so quick and easy to make.
- As many parsnips as you can stomach, cored, peeled and cut into wedges
- Sea salt salt
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark-brown sugar
- Knobs of unsalted butter to dart on top of your parsnips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F, 180 degrees C, Gas Mark 4.
- Peel, top and tail your parsnips and then cut them into chunky chips.
- Meanwhile bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add a pinch of sea salt. You need to boil your parsnips for around six to seven minutes until they’re tender.
- Grease a roasting tin with butter and add the parsnips to the tin.
- Dart knobs of butter onto the parsnips and sprinkle the demerara sugar evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle with salt and bake for around 20 minutes until they’re golden brown.
Leave a Reply