Smoky Vegetable Goulash
If you're looking for a hearty vegetable goulash recipe, then this is the recipe for you!
This vegetable goulash also helps you to lose up any spare vegetables in the fridge. You can basically make it with just about anything!
- 1 Large onion, diced
- 3 Carrots, peeled and cut into coins
- 3 Garlic cloves diced
- 2 Peppers
- 2 Sticks of celery
- 2 Potatoes
- Half a savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1 Litre of vegetable stock
- Olive oil for cooking
- 1 Tablespoon of flour
- 2 Teaspoons of smoked paprika (sweet paprika will do)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle of dried oregano or basil
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or cast iron casserole dish and cook the onions, garlic, carrots, celery and potatoes for around 4 minutes or until the onions are soft.
- Boil the kettle, and mix the vegetable stock and make sure this is well dissolved.
- Add the cabbage and peppers to the mix and cook until this all of the ingredients are soft.
- Turn to a low heat, and then add the flour, paprika, oregano. Stir and then season with salt and pepper.
- Turn up the heat to medium and slowly incorporate the vegetable stock.
- Bring the whole mixture to the boil and then turn down to a simmer, cook the whole mix until the potatoes are soft.
Serve with crusty bread and enjoy!