The ultimate BBQ sauce with Magners Original Cider
This is one of the simplest BBQ sauce and you can use it with pretty much anything, including chicken thighs and drumsticks, pork loin steaks and even pork belly strips.
- 5 tablespoons or Magners Original Cider
- 1 tablespoon of dark brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons Japanese soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree or ketchup
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 fat, crushed garlic clove
- In bowl, simply mix all of the ingredients together and adjust the taste accordingly to suit your needs. If you prefer more sweetness add more sugar, if you like a bit more bite – add more Magners cider and ginger.
- When it comes to cooking with any forms of meat, marinate all all of your ingredients together for a minimum of half an hour. If you can marinate over night then all the better.
- Pre-heat the oven to around 200°C, 400°F, Gas mark 6 and marinate the chicken breast in the BBQ sauce.
- Cut a large onion into wedges and create a trivet in a roasting tin, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken onto the onions, and cover with the remaining sauce, cook for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove from the oven and baste the chicken in the sauce and the juices from the roasting tin – cook for a further 15 minutes.
BBQ chicken thighs in the oven
Sometimes the weather can be a bit unpredictable – but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a BBQ indoors right?