This recipe is great if you have a bunch of bananas in the fruit bowl that that are starting ripen a bit too much and you need to use a whole batch before they turn for good.
180g Self-raising flour (sifted)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large riped bananas, mashed
150g dark brown sugar
75g butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Place 12 paper baking cases in a muffin tin.
2. Mash the bananas in a bowl with a fork and gently melt the butter in a microwave or on the hob.
3. In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
4. Add the brown sugar to the mashed bananas along with melted butter and the eggs.
5. Gradually fold the flour into the banana mixture and incorporate well.
6. Spoon the mix evenly into the a muffin.
7. Bake in the over for 30 minutes or until they have risen and are golden brown.
To finish, dust with icing sugar.