This recipe is great if you have a bunch of bananas in the fruit bowl that that are starting ripen a bit too much and you need to use a whole batch before they turn for good.
That New Years Resolution has gone on long enough….
- 180g Self-raising flour (sifted)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large riped bananas, mashed
- 150g dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 75g butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Place 12 paper baking cases in a muffin tin.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl with a fork and gently melt the butter in a microwave or on the hob.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
- Add the brown sugar to the mashed bananas along with melted butter and the eggs.
- Gradually fold the flour into the banana mixture and incorporate well.
- Spoon the mix evenly into the a muffin.
- Bake in the over for 30 minutes or until they have risen and are golden brown.
To finish, dust with icing sugar.