By the looks of things, it’s actually very simple and I’m a firm believer that the easiest recipes or techniques are the tastiest.
- 1 Zucchini per person cut lengthways
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil for frying
- 1/2 Tablespoon of olive for brushing
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Warm the olive oil in a frying pan, but be sure not to let it get too hot or smoking.
2. Cut the zucchini lengthways and lightly score the flat side in opposite directions to created a chequered pattern.
3. Brush the flat side with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Place the zucchini slices in the pan, seasoned side down – we want to hear a nice little sizzle bubbling out of the pan.
5. Continue to flip going from flat side to curve side until the flat side is a nice golden brown colour.
And that’s it.
This is one of those quick and easy side dishes that you can serve with anything. On it’s own it’s quite filling so it would go great with a salad or even just a bit of rice.
Pan roasting is a technique to give you creamy, almost pudding like zucchini