BBQ season is well and truly underway and this is the last potato salad recipe you’ll ever need…Probably…
This is a great way to use up tiny, marble like potatoes that you often find when you dig up potatoes – otherwise known as Fingerlings.
- New potatoes or small potatoes
- Mayonnaise (approx. 2 tablespoons)
- Salad creme (approx. 1 tablespoon)
- Mint sauce (approx. 3 tablespoons) (handfuls of chopped fresh mint will also work with this recipe)
This really is one of those recipes that you adjust to suit your own tastes, so if you require more mint, simple add some more to the sauce, and likewise with the salad creme and mayonnaise.
- Wash and scrub the potatoes clean. Because you’ll be using new or small potatoes, there’s no need to peel them.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for around 10-15 minutes, or until a knife goes all the way through the potato easily without splitting.
- Once boiled, drain and leave to cool.
- Once cooled, roughly chop any potatoes that are large and add the mayonnaise, mint sauce and salad creme and mix together.
- Cover and chill in the fridge until you’re ready.
And that’s it – it’s as easy as that!
The potatoes I’ve used in this recipe are desiree potatoes which are a good all round potato to use in the kitchen.