Sweet and smokey fried vegetables
A sweet savoury recipe for vegetables
Less truly is more. I’ve just made this amazing lunch with some vegetables in the fridge that’s the perfect blend of sweet and savoury for this lunch time.
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 red onion
- 1 pepper
- 3-4 mushrooms
- 1 and half tablespoons of honey
- 1 and a half to 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Warm and melt the coconut oil in a large frying pan.
- Whilst the pan is heating up, thinly slice the vegetables and then start frying the onions and the mushrooms. The pan should be hot enough so that you can hear a hissing sound as the vegetables touch the base of the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Keep everything moving so nothing sticks and adjust the heat accordingly
- Add the peppers and cook for about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Drizzle the honey all over the vegetables and mix well.
- Sprinkle over the smoked paprika and mix well again.
- Be sure to taste and adjust the seasoning to match your tastes, if you like it to be sweeter then add some more honey, a teaspoon at a time and likewise with the smoked paprika.
- That’s it – serve while hot!