It’s been quite a busy few weeks for me, and I thought it’s time for me to post an update about what’s going on. 🙂Continue reading “An Allotment Summer 2020”
Seed sowing season is just around the corner and I thought it would be a good idea to make seed starters out of the toilet rolls I’ve been saving up…Continue reading “How to make toilet roll seed starters”
I’ve created a little video of what the plot looks like in late September – it’s not too long, so sit back and enjoy!Continue reading “Video: Welcome to the plot!”
I’ve been away from the allotment for approximately three weeks and I’ve returned back to the UK just last night.Continue reading “Dealing with an allotment after you’ve been on holiday”
Not so long ago, actually maybe toward the end of last year and the beginning of this year I decided to merge some beds together to get more growing space and add some edging to the borders. It was part of my first plan of trying to rejig things on the plot.
As usual with these sorts of attempts, I think I gained top marks for effort but fell down at the execution stage – although I am my own worst critic. Although I tried to keep everything straight, it just didn’t happen.
I would probably say I fell down at the execution stage because I am notorious for not measuring things out properly or not even using a guide or a measure at all – so it’s no real mystery.
I’ve defended my inadequacies by using lines like “It’s meant to be like that, it’s allotment chic.” or “I’m going for the rustic look.” The truth is, I didn’t use a tape measure.
Don’t be fooled by the following pictures, the beds are actually super wonky, these images were taken earlier on in 2018.
Once I completed a few beds, I never bothered to change them until I decided to start again…again.
The sun has set on one of the hottest summers the UK has seen in quite some time. I for one couldn’t remember the last time the Mercury hit the top end of 36 degrees.