Courgette / Marrow Loaf
Something different to do with your courgettes...
This goes well with homemade rhubarb jam.
- 2 large egg
- 115ml vegetable oil
- 80g soft brown sugar
- 400g courgette grated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g plain flour
- 2 tea spoon cinnamon
- ¼ tea spoon nutmeg
- ½ tea spoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tea spoon baking powder
- 140g sultanas
- Firstly, pre-heat your oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease or line a standard 2lb loaf tin with baking paper.
- Whisk together the eggs, oil, vanilla, brown sugar and then add the grated courgette to the mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the plain flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, sultanas and nutmeg.
- Gradually combine the two mixtures in one bowl and place into the baking tin.
- Bake for one hour, a good way to test that this is done is by inserting a skewer and seeing if it’s clean when you pull it out.