The Autumn Soup
A lovely use of the last of the summer produce
This soup is hearty, healthy and generally just very lovely.
- 2 medium courgettes (or one large one)
- 1 large onion
- 3 medium sized carrots
- 2 medium sized potatoes
- 1.5 chicken or vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Top and tail, and deseed the courgettes and chop into thumb sized pieces.
- Dice the onion, top and tail the carrots and peel the potatoes.
- Chop the potatoes and carrots into thumb sized pieces, much like the courgettes.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan, and fry off the vegetables until they’re soft, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add vegetable the stock and bring to the boil. Once boiled, reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the potatoes and carrot are soft.
- Use a hand blender or a masher to lightly chop and thicken the soup.
Leave a Reply