Rhubarb and ginger crumble
A variation on my orange and rhubarb crumble
- 3 table spoons of crystallised ginger in syrup
- 75g of caster sugar
- 500g chopped rhubarb
- 75g unsalted butter
- 100g sifted plain flour
- 75g demerara sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 190F, gas mark5.
- Mix the rhubarb, sugar and the crystallised ginger in an ovenproof dish, let this mature in the dish and eventually you’ll encounter a lovely sweet aroma.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the sifted flour, demerara sugar and butter with your fingers until the mixture goes crumbly and resembles breadcrumbs.
- Layer the crumble mix on top of the rhubarb mix and push down with a fork.
- Bake the crumble for approx 40 – 45 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with ice cream and custard.